CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY IN THE WORKPLACE
Chemical dependency effects an estimated 67 million Americans and has been deemed a national epidemic.1 Despite the movement to destigmatize chemical dependency and encourage recovery, many employees are still fearful that they will lose their job or be discriminated against if they seek help.
75% of people with SUD in the United States are in the workforce.1 Chemical dependency treatment is an investment for employers and employees, not an expense. Employees in recovery are more productive, have less absenteeism, and save employers costs in recruiting and training, saving an average of $3,219.1
The average salary for the Permian Basin is approximately $49,475 – $59,181.2 According to the National Institute of Health, the average cost for recruiting and training replacement workers is 21% of an employee’s annual salary.1 These costs include:
- Talent searches and recruitment
- Onboarding a new employee
- Training costs
- Lost productivity—it may take a new employee one to two years to reach the productivity of an existing person.
- Lost engagement—other employees who see high turnover rates tend to disengage and lose productivity.
- Cultural impact—turnover changes organizational culture
THE SPRINGBOARD CENTER
The Springboard Center is a non-profit chemical dependency treatment center for adult men and women. Our mission is to restore health and dignity to individuals and families by providing quality treatment and counseling for chemical dependency. We treat the whole person, with the understanding that emotional, mental and spiritual development coupled with diet, nutrition, and exercise, help ensure long-term recovery.
Our private, comfortable facility is nestled in the heart of the Permian Basin, in Midland, Texas. We are proud to serve as the premier addiction treatment center in West Texas. We are the only facility of our kind within a 120 mile radius, serving the Permian Basin, Eastern New Mexico, Oklahoma and beyond.
- Medically Supervised Detoxification, 3-7 days 24-hour nursing staff
- Inpatient Residential, 30 days
– Three key components: counseling, education, and health and wellness
– Medical staff, psychiatrists, and master’s level therapists available
- Intensive Outpatient, 8-weeks
– Evening groups four nights a week
– Counseling and education
– Uses evidence-based Matrix Model
- Sober Living, 3-12 months
– Safe, and accountable environment
– On-site house managers
– Random urinalysis
- Adolescent Intensive Outpatient, 12-weeks
– Similar to the adult Intensive Outpatient, with adjustments to accommodate the younger clients
– Ages 13-17
BEGIN THE JOURNEY
If one of your employees is ready to make an investment, contact The Springboard Center and let us assist you with assessing their condition, explaining treatment options, and getting them the help they need today. We conduct admissions 24/7 so that your employees can begin their journey to recovery as soon possible. Also, we accept most major insurances and offer self-pay rates. Call us today at 432-620-0255 or visit us on the web at springboardcenter.org.
If your organization would like more information on chemical dependency, signs and symptoms, treatment options, and how The Springboard Center can work with your company, please contact Christopher Pierce, Director of Marketing at (432) 269-7875.
The Springboard Center recognizes that addiction affects the entire family structure. Therefore, family members are strongly encouraged to participate in our family program to better understand the nature of alcohol and drug addiction and to gain healthy ways of addressing and resolving problems manifested by addictive disease.
You can speed up the admissions process by submitting your pre-admissions screening online.